Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Falling Off the Face of the Earth...

Some folks may be wondering what the heck happened to The Boys of BH...well, we have been caught up in a bit of lolly-gagging since our last post. Somehow FIVE weeks have passed and there is a lot to catch you up on. Let's start with Thanksgiving...
We spent the Thanksgiving weekend at what has come to be our "other home" down in Salem with Cindy, Barry and Kylee (House of Tarte). Their home is so warm and inspirational...and is one of the only places Joe will actually kick back and relax like he is actually at home on The BH Farm. It was also the first time in many, many years that WE have NOT hosted T-Day and been stressed completely with all of the responsibilities with slaving over the stove and cooking for our friends and family. HEE HAW!! We had limited tasks...I made a pomegranate glazed ham, Joe made a delicious cranberry bunt cake, cornbread dressing, his "famous" mashed potatoes...and WE kicked back and watched the rest of the team scramble around with all the hard stuff (hahahahahahaha)!! It was all fun and laughs until Barry jumped across the table and grabbed me and Joe by the collars and told us how he hated being called "The King of Tarte!" Slow down Cowboy...
There is absolutely toooo much beautiful Ironstone on this table to destroy because of a term of endearment! After we finally calmed Barry down by deciding to let him "pick" his own name (still tbd)...there was even more "family stuff." A divide between "The Magazine People" (Cindy and Joe) and "The TV People" (Barry, Kylee and Jermonne). The magazine people literally stocked-piled magazines/books around them and to only speak in "magazine/book 'creative director' code language," exiling the rest of us to the living room to watch TV. Don't you LOVE the holidays!!!?? Since I don't have a dog (did I mention I don't have a dog?), there was not much for me to do but to feed left-over turkey to Jake (aka "Dog of Tarte," unless he decides to bite me next time we visit for calling him that) and watch TV...AND CRY, because The Magazine People were ignoring the rest of us AND I don't have a beautiful dog like Jakey-Poo (Joe forbids it). Poor Me!
So after "The Tarte Family" finally kicked us out of their lovely home...Joe and I had no choice but to go to Hawaii!!! HEE HAW, HEE HAW!!! (more lolly-gagging)
We spent eight luxurious days on The Big Island of Hawaii, bathing in the sun, drinking Big Island Tea (along with many, many, MANY other tropical concoctions), AND getting kicked out of several posh restaurants and bars at the resort - Barn House Style! Joe's inappropriate attire even got us kicked off a couple of beaches. "Really, I didn't know my white speedo would be see-through when it got wet!" Like my mama says, "That's how we roll!" ;o)
This resort was absolutely AMAZING! There were boats and even a train that took you from one section to another. The indigenous art everywhere was unbelievable. The weather was perfect! Joe often said he was never leaving...but I assured him that was not an option...
So THEN...we came back to "ARCTIC BLAST" or "SNOWZILLA" as the media likes to call it...
The stage is set, and in walks "Joey Drama!" If you could only see the theatrics of this character. He should really win an Oscar for his performance this week!! Imagine, twenty degrees and two feet of snow...not being able to leave the house (to shop)..."Who LIVES like this??!!" with tears in his eyes, pulling his heart out of his chest and throwing it against the wall...
After being in Hawaii for over a week, apparently he came back in total shock. He certainly has given a performance of a lifetime (which is quite an accomplishment after considering the performances of our two previous NW winters). BUT, NOT ME! The roads have been so bad I have had to work from home for a week. :o) I am even sitting on my porch right now in 20 layers of clothes writing this blog...as happy as a lark (and very closely resembling the Michelin Man)!!!! HEE HEE HEE HAW HAW HAW!!!
Happy Holidays!!!

Icy Joe and Eskimo Jermonne
The Boys of Barn House

24 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Nice to see you back in blogville, even if it is under icy conditions.

Happy holidays!

Queen of Tarte said...

I certainly look a little crazy with a gourd on top of my head at Thanksgiving, maybe it was all of the vino! Stay warm and we hope to see you soon............xoxo Cindy

Journal Swag said...

Awesome, guys! Way to go with the Hawaiian Holiday! It's making me relax just seeing your photos!

Happy Happy Holidays, and a wonderful, prosperous, exciting New Year!

Love,
Sheila

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh my I would love to get lost in Hawaii or Cindy's house for that matter. What a gorgeous place (QofT) or places. So glad you are back from your trip and Merry Christmas to you both!

Aleta said...

Merry Christmas Jermonne and Joe!! I'm not feeling a bit sorry for you after coming back from Hawaii. I think I could give Joe a serious run for his money in the drama queen department over this snow. I've been trapped here on the hill for TWELVE, yes I said TWELVE days!! No Monticello. No Stars. No Camas. No Estate Sales. No junking. No noth'n!!! My kids won't be here for Christmas either because they can't get here!! Waaaahhhhh! Bill and I will spend yet another quiet day with the cats. It's all good though. At some point it WILL all melt away and only be a distant memory. Hurry up and melt already!!! Merry, Merry!!

Hugs and hugs and hugs, Aleta

Maison Douce said...

Hawaii? Did you say HAWAII??!!!! Oh, I so hate you guys right now...!!! Just kidding, I just hate you a little bit!! That place is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!! So good to hear back from you, I hope to see you both soon! Happy holidays!
Isabel

Anonymous said...

merry {white} christmas to you! after the "big thaw" let's do coffee w/a lil' somethin'-somethin' in it for good measure.

cheers! krista

Anonymous said...

Wow, two feet of snow! We have only a foot.... Your pics are all so fab (of course, what else is new *smile*)!
Glad you had a great holiday and vacation. Hope to see you all soon! :)

Timi said...

Welcome back!
Thank you for the catch up post. It was fun to see what you've been up to. It's also nice to know that I'm not the only one still snowed in.
It was fun to get to meet both of you this year and I'm looking forward to more visits in the coming new year.

Merry Post Christmas to you and Happy New Year!

KatCollects said...

You guys crack me up. I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and sounds like a fun one : ) Your vacation looks amazing. I hope you both had a beautiful Christmas, it snowed all day here. Joe, I really think you should get Jermonne a puppy for a New Years Gift : ) Can't wait for the New Year and to make some more trips to the Barn Sales!
Kathy

Susie Q said...

Sounds like Hawai'i was wonderful. And now, how dare you mention a recipe like pomegranate glazed ham without including a link to a recipe!!! That would be so very amazing for New Year's, along with our black eyed peas (that none of us care for, but being Texans, we have it devotedly)

The Tattered House said...

Good for you two to get a little R&R - tis the season! We can't wait to meet you. Happy New Year!!

Erika

Cabin 19 Supply Company said...

Siiggghhhhh........I am supposed to beuploading new product photos and descriptions on my website but saw "something shiny" and have been distracted for about an hour now. Something shiny? The BH Blog!!

Not sure what blog path I stumbled down to get here but I don't want to find my way back! I think I'll just snuggle up to the screen and take my laptop to bed with me. I'm in LOVE!!

Great stuff! Great photos! Great reading! Great find!

Thank you.

Lisa

Kathrine said...

Happy return Joe & Jermonne!!! I sure missed your blogging.

Looks like Hawaii was one big bumma. HA! I am so jealous. I have so much family there. Next year we hope to return for a vacation.
I am getting so itchy for a Barnhouse fleamarket!! Please let me know if I can help. I can schlep, etc, whatever you need.

Take care.
Kathy

Linda Q said...

You write well, very entertaining!
I am a newby to the blog world but found you all and am very interested in your barn sales when they happen. I too am in the great or should we say frozen NW.
Glad you got a vacation, one of my Mom's favorite places and we took our honeymoon on several of the islands!
Thanks for sharing, you are fun folks I can tell!
Linda

Kelly said...

Hey guys!
I am glad you had so much fun in Hawaii! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! How funny, when I went to San Diego, Jesse got kicked out of the hot tub for wearing a mesh speedo! I guess no one understands us here in the NW!

Prairie Gothic said...

I love your blog and style. Your stories are so funny!

littlebyrd said...

Hey! Welcome back! Boy, the sun and surf of Hawaii sure looks good right about now.
Happy 2009! Let's plan a date soon to get together.

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Hello-Stumbled across your blog awhile ago and couldn't remember the name. So excited to find you guys again. Your style is amazing. I am primitive with vintage stuffed in any where I can find.I would love to visit Barn House one day. Where are you located? I am from Pa. Keep posting your great at what you do.
And yes I to beleive you need a dog.They spice it up a bit.
Donna

Laurie said...

I can't imagine going from Hawaii to the arctic blast you came home to! Looks like you had a great time! See you soon...

Karen said...

OK Guys, now you have had your vacations! Can't wait for spring and more sales! Karen

Liz Harrell said...

Oh my, that kitchen/dining pic is making my head spin. Gorgeous.

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

That Hawaii resort looks familiar. How fun!
I know I didn't want to come back from our trip last year.
Enjoyed your blog.
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com

delighted heart said...

Great stories! I found you through Garden Antqs. Your Sale looked fantastic. Would love to come to one but it's a long way from my neck of the country...Texas
The snow looks great! Happy New Year!
Patti